Protect your wheels, wheel studs, and brake rotors with this STEELMAN torque stick set. The STEELMAN 60167 9-Piece 1/2-Inch Drive Torque Stick Set is designed to prevent damage to wheels, studs, and brake rotors by reducing the risk of over-tightening lug nuts which can result in sheared stud bolts, rounded lug nuts, and warped rotors. These sticks measure 8-5/8-inches long and each has a unique combination of torque rating and socket size. When used with a 1/2-inch drive electric or pneumatic impact wrench these torque sticks limit the effective output of the wrench to a preset level of torque and anything above that predetermined amount will cause the extension to flex and absorb the extra impact. Each torque stick is made of resilient chrome molybdenum (Chromoly) steel that has a different colored powder coat to make it easy to identify and pick out among other tools or in a crowded toolbox. Kit includes the following torque sticks: purple 17mm 45 ft-lb, yellow 19mm 65 ft-lb, red 17mm 80 ft-lb, blue 19mm 80 ft-lb, light brown 21mm 80 ft-lb, dark brown 13/16-inch 100 ft-lb, cool gray 19mm 100 ft-lb, white 7/8-inch 120 ft-lb, and turquoise 7/8-inch 140 ft-lb. Set comes in a blow-molded black plastic storage case.
- 8-5/8-INCHES LONG - Torque sticks are 8-5/8-inches long to allow easy clearance and prevent damage to wheels by a too close impact wrench
- RESILIENT STEEL - Made of durable and resilient chrome molybdenum (chromoly) steel
- INCLUDED STICKS - Set includes: 17mm 45 ft-lb, 19mm 65 ft-lb, 17mm 80 ft-lb, 19mm 80 ft-lb, 21mm 80 ft-lb, 19mm 100 ft-lb, 13/16-inch 100 ft-lb, 7/8-inch 120 ft-lb, and 7/8-inch 140 ft-lb
- PREVENT OVER-TIGHTENING - Prevent over-tightening that can lead to premature failure of wheels, wheel studs, and rotors
- FLEXES TO LIMIT TORQUE - When a preset torque amount is reached the extension will flex and absorb additional impacts instead of continuing to tighten
- POWDER COATED - Each stick has a different colored powder coat for additional corrosion resistance and to easily identify them among other extensions and tools
- CALIBRATION FREE - With a pre-determined maximum allowed torque and no moving parts these sticks are maintenance and recalibration free