Having to repair damaged bolt threads can be aggravating to start with but when the die ends up cross threading the bolt it can lead to lost time and more costly repairs. The STEELMAN 60754 18-Piece Split Die Bolt and Screw Repair and Rethreading Kit is designed to remove the worry of cross threading by allowing repairs to begin behind damaged threads. By starting the repair on undamaged threads you can ensure a continuous repair that is perfectly aligned with the original threads. Made of hardened high carbon and chromium steel, these dies feature dual indexing pins that ensure correct tooth alignment and hold the tool straight and secure during use. Kit includes 20 individual dies to fit 1/4"-20, 1/4"-28, 5/16"-18, 5/16"-24, 3/8"-16, 3/8"-24, 7/16"-14, 7/16"-20, 1/2"-13, 1/2"-20, 9/16"-12, 9/16"-18, 5/8"-11, 5/8"-18, 3/4"-10, 3/4"-16, 7/8"-9, 7/8"-14, 1"-8, and 1"-14 bolts, studs, lugs, machine screws and other fasteners. Designed to meet or exceed 150% of ASME torque requirements, these tools will last for years of reliable use repairing and creating threads on fasteners and bare rods in any professional or home garage / workshop and they come with a convenient blow molded black plastic storage case to keep them organized between uses. WARNING: To prevent damage to bolt threads, only use dies with hand-driven tools. Using dies with air, electric, or hydraulic power tools will void warranty.
- REPAIR DAMAGED THREADS - Repair damaged threads on wheel studs, bolts, machine screws and other fasteners
- PREVENT CROSS THREADING - Split die design allows repairs to start behind damage to eliminate the chance of cross threading
- INDEXING PINS - Indexing pins connect the die sections together keeping them straight and secure during use
- 20 SAE DIES - Kit includes dies in 20 commonly found SAE screw sizes and thread pitches / number counts
- DURABLE - Designed to meet or exceed 150% of ASME torque requirements to allow for a lifetime of dependable use
- STORAGE CASE - A blow-molded plastic case is included with the kit to keep everything organized between uses
- WARNING - Use die with hand ratchets and wenches only, any power tool use may cause damage to threads and voids warranty