Protect expensive wheels, wheel studs, and brake rotors with STEELMAN heavy-duty torque extensions. The STEELMAN 60160 3/4-Inch Drive Green 400 ft-lb HD Torque Extension is designed to prevent damage to wheels, studs, and brake rotors by reducing the risk of overtightening lug nuts which can result in sheared stud bolts, rounded lug nuts, and warped rotors. This 10-inch extension bar will, when used with an electric or pneumatic impact wrench, limit the effective output of the wrench to 400 ft-lb of torque and anything above that will cause the extension to flex and absorb the extra impact. This torque stick is made of resilient chrome molybdenum (Chromoly) steel that has a green powder coat to make it easy to pick out among other tools or in a crowded toolbox.
- 10-INCH EXTENSION - Torque extension is 10-inches long to allow easy clearance and prevent damage to wheels by a too close impact wrench
- RESILIENT STEEL - Made of durable and resilient chrome molybdenum steel
- PREVENT OVER-TIGHTENING - Prevent over-tightening that can lead to premature failure of wheels, wheel studs, and rotors
- POWDER COATED - Powder coated green for additional corrosion resistance and to easily identify it among other extensions and tools
- FLEXES TO LIMIT TORQUE - When 400 ft-lb of torque is reached the extension will flex and absorb additional impacts instead of continuing to tighten
- HEAVY-DUTY 3/4-INCH DRIVE - Both male and female ends are 3/4-inch drive for use with heavy-duty impact wrenches and sockets
- CALIBRATION FREE - With a pre-determined maximum allowed torque and no moving parts it is maintenance and recalibration free