The STEELMAN 06600 ChassisEAR is a versatile electronic squeak and rattle finder that is designed to amplify sounds to allow users to listen and perform real time diagnostics during road tests to locate troubling automotive noises. Using one or all six of the included microphone clamps you can easily pinpoint the exact location of noises that signal damaging wear and possible part failure connected to issues that cannot be duplicated in the garage repair stall and heard with a standard mechanic's stethoscope. A set of included full-coverage, professional-style headphones shut out surrounding sound letting you focus on what the ultrasensitive microphones pick up. Each of the six clamps is color-coded and has a 16-foot wire lead to give you the reach you need to ensure that you can reach even the most difficult vehicle locations. Sensors easily clamp onto problem areas of cars and trucks including springs, torque rods, shocks, body mounts, brakes, dash assemblies, door hinges, drive trains, rear or front axles, transmissions, transfer cases, suspensions, sway bars, tie rod ends, struts, axle hubs, ring and pinion bearings, mufflers, catalytic converters, O2 sensors, A/T cases, oil pumps or even un-torqued bolts.
- PINPOINT TROUBLING NOISES - Easily pinpoint troubling noises that cannot be duplicated in a repair stall and only occur during road driving
- MULTI-CHANNEL - Connect up to six (6) microphones to different under-chassis locations simultaneously to find a noise's source
- FULL HEADPHONES - Includes a set of full-coverage headphones to block out surrounding noise
- COLOR CODED LEADS - Each microphone / clamp is color coded for easy identification
- 16-FOOT CABLES - 16-foot long wire leads allow microphones to be positioned in difficult to reach places
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES - Includes control unit, headphones, 6 wire-lead microphone clamps, clamp carrying case, 9-volt battery, and a blow-molded ABS plastic storage case