If you sell or service tires, or just try to take the best possible care of your personal vehicle, then you know the importance of having enough tread for safe driving. With the STEELMAN Color-Coded Tread Depth Gauge 6-Pack, you’ll have the tools you need to easily identify how much tread depth is left on each tire. This pack of 6 allows you to either outfit a team of techs or have enough that you can stash one in your glove box for quick checks, as well as have a few for the tool box. For quick visual checks, the tool's measurements are separated into green, yellow, and red to indicate tires that are good, showing wear, and or in need of replacing. For ease of use, each tool is marked with both SAE and metric markings with SAE shown in 32nds of an inch and metric in millimeters. The green range is 6/32+ (4.75mm+), the yellow range is 3/32 - 6/32 (2.4 - 4.75mm), and the red range is 0 - 3/32 (0 - 2.4mm). Thanks to their simple, springless design these tools are great for use checking deep set wheels where it isn't easy to get a direct line of sight like on sports cars with tight wheel wells, dualie trucks, and big rigs.
- MULTI-PACK - Pack of 6 gauges to outfit a team of techs or to stash around so one is always handy
- PEACE OF MIND - Quickly checks tire tread remaining to determine how long before they need replacing
- COMPACT - Compact and portable design fits easily into a pocket or tool pouch
- COLOR CODED - Green / Yellow / Red color coding shows if tires are good, showing wear, or in need of replacement
- METRIC AND SAE - One side of gauge shows readings in mm and the other side in 32nds of an inch
- READING RANGE - Green is 6/32-32/32 (4.75mm), yellow 3/32-6/32 (2.4-4.75mm), and red 0-3/32 (0-2.4mm)
- RETAINS MEASUREMENTS - Springless design retains measurements, perfect for checking tires without line of sight