If you sell or service tires, or just try to take the best possible care of your personal vehicle, then you know the importance of having enough tread for safe driving. With the STEELMAN Dial-Type Color-Coded Tread Depth Gauge, you’ll be able to easily identify how much tread depth is left on each tire. For quick visual checks, the measurements are separated into green, yellow, and red to indicate tires that are good, showing wear, and or in need of replacing. For ease of use, the tool is marked with both labelled 1/32-inch increments and smaller, unlabeled 1/128-inch markings to provide high accuracy readings. The green range on the dial face highlights depths of is 3/32 and up, the yellow range shows 2/32 - 3/32, and the red range shows 0 - 2/32. Thanks to its simple, springless design this tool is great for use checking deep set wheels where it isn't easy to get direct line of sight like sports cars with tight wheel wells, dualie trucks, and big rigs. Compact and durable, this tool features a powder-coated zinc alloy casing and a snap-secured PVC storage pouch to keep the gauge face protected when tucked away in a pocket or tool bag.
- PEACE OF MIND - Quickly checks tire tread remaining to determine how long before they need replacing
- COMPACT - Compact and durable design with powder-coated zinc alloy casing that measures 2.38 x 2.09 x 0.73-inches in size
- COLOR CODED - Green / Yellow / Red color coded face shows if tires are good, showing wear, or in need of replacement
- SAE MEASUREMENTS- Gauge face is marked to show tread depths in 1/32-inch increments
- READING RANGE - Measures tread from 0-14/32-inch with labelled 1/32 and unlabeled 1/128-inch increments
- RETAINS MEASUREMENTS - Springless design retains measurements, perfect for checking tires without line of sight
- POUCH INCLUDED - Includes a snap secured PVC storage pouch